Anne and I were talking about this the other night, and she got herself motivated and blogged about it. Thought I’d throw my hat in the ring–even though I love it, I can easily find ten things that I hate about knitting.
- Complicated cables (anything more than 4 stitches)
- The Black Hole/Time Suck (where you knit and knit and knit, but your project doesn’t grow)
- Finishing a row and realizing that I’m a stitch off
- Row counting
- Breaking a needle mid-project and not having another one
- Checking gauge (which is why I so rarely do it)
- Knitting so tight that it’s hard to move my stitches
- People who don’t appreciate hand-knit gifts
- Thumbs…I hate knitting thumbs….they’re too fiddly!
- Colorwork (it’s totally unnecessary…they make multi-colored yarn!)
Ahh…that felt good.