Just a few things I’ve picked up over the past 3 1/2 years…
1) If you change them (the sheets), they will wee in them.
2) The surest way to get your child to take a nap is to hope that they don’t fall asleep just yet.
3) Whatever delicious meal you cook for dinner they don’t like anymore.
4) No matter what time you put your child to bed, they will still wake up at the same time in the morning–often earlier than you want them to wake up.
5) The dress your daughter wants to wear to school is dirty. No matter the dress, no matter the day.
6) Whatever toy child #1 is playing with, child #2 wants.
7) If you bring the stroller (or pushchair, for my British readers), no one wants to ride in it. Leave it at home, you are carrying two children for the entire outing.
8) The only Disney movie that your children want to watch is the one with the large scratch in it.
9) Your kids won’t see you make their lunch, wash their dishes, or clean the house. They will, however, see you eat the last brownie.
10) The most likely time for your children to fall ill is right before a holiday.
Ahh…the joys of parenting! 🙂